Here we go, straight into Season Three of our Boxing Prediction League. I didn't think a break was needed because the fixtures for the next few weeks are really good. I do have some good news though...
If you don't already know, the winner of Season Three will receive a poster of their favorite fighter, and we will try and get it signed.
Here is the League Table at the end of Season Two. well done to everyone who took part.
We have five fights for you to predict this week and they are:
1) Wladimir Klitschko Vs Mariusz Wach - This is the first time in eight years that Wladimir Klitschko will be without Emanuel Steward in his corner. Will this affect his performance? In boxing you never know, it only takes one punch to win a fight and Wach has huge power in his right hand.
2) Vanes Martirosyan Vs Erislandy Lara - This fight will be a 'Final Eliminator' for the WBC Light Middleweight Title which is currently held by Saul Alvarez. These two boxers are two of the most avoided fighters in the sport. Will the winner of this fight continue to be avoided or will the rest of the division finally have to pay attention?
3) Miguel Angel Garcia Vs Jonathan Victor Barros - Miguel Angel Garcia was originally scheduled to fight Orlando Salido but Salido was forced to pull out with a injury. In stepped former Featherweight champion Jonathan Victor Barros. Barros lost his last fight by unanimous decision but he is vastly experienced and still in his prime, so he shouldn't be underestimated.
4) Abner Mares Vs Anselmo Moreno - This is the most significant fight of the weekend. WBA Super bantamweight champion, Abner Mares will put his title and undefeated record on the line against WBC Bantamweight champion, Anselmo Moreno. This is the toughest test of both Mares and Moreno's careers and the winner will have a strong argument for a place in the P4P list.
5) Leo Santa Cruz Vs Victor Zaleta - One of the hottest prospects in boxing, Leo Santa Cruz will take on former world title challenger Victor Zaleta on Saturday. This fight is on the under-card of Mares/Moreno and it's highly likely that the two winners will face each other sometime next year.
Just a slight change this season, the only methods of victory you can predict are 'KO' and 'Decision', decision obviously covers unanimous, majority and split.
To enter, leave a comment with your picks in the comment section below. You don't need to leave your email, just your name.
Thanks for taking part and good luck!!